Sunday, March 11, 2012

Hope in Not Being Left Alone

Today I woke up early and had some God and Jerri time. Lately I have been trying to feed a lot of sheep and not allowing myself to be led beside the still waters myself. Last Thursday evening just past midnight, I woke up sick with a stomach flu that zapped every ounce of mental and physical energy from my body. I wanted to read...couldn't...tried watching TV, but I slept for 32 hours with hardly a break, waking up to force a grape or two down here and there, since I am diabetic, and inability to keep down food and water can turn into a trip to the ER. At some point in the night I thought that I needed to check my blood sugar, since I take insulin, but I could not stir up the energy. Finally, Saturday I woke up around ten AM, and I felt as though someone had beaten me within an inch of my life. Every muscle, joint and sinew hurt! I sat in my art room and finished up a Beth Moore study, sipped liquids and ate an orange. Don had left these for me along with some flowers. By evening, I felt good enough to make dinner for us, and I ate a little.

This morning I was thankful for my weird weekend. Why? Because the next time my friend, Lisa....who is closer than a sister...tells me she is having one of her "dog days" as the result of her chemo treatments for lymphoma, I will have a tiny, miniscule taste of her frustration...and the sense of losing time, when time is so precious to her. "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of Compassion and God of all comfort, who comforts us in all of our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God." 2Corinthians 1:3-4

God, in His love and compassion for mankind, made it so we do not have to suffer alone!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds miserable! I'm glad you feel better...and now we can comfort each other through " the dog days":]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's right! I'm glad God gave us each other...every day! :-)

      Delete