Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hope in Beholding His glory!

"....I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all of your heart. I will be found by you," declares the Lord, "and I will bring you back from captivity."
I have been freed from captivity. I was first freed from the captivity of sin when I gave my life to Christ at the age of fourteen. That was forty-three years ago, and God continues to demolish strongholds in my life. "O Lord you have searched me and you know me. You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.". I have to say they have often been small, my thoughts, consumed by the here and now. But He has lifted me up to walk among the saints...to answer His calling, and he has met me heart to heart, if not face to face at the Christian Writers Guild, Writing for the Soul Conference in Denver. I have followed Moses up to the mountain and have watched from afar as God revealed His glory. I have heard the prayers of men who have the battle scars of David but the radiance of Moses as he came from the tent of meeting with God. With unveiled faces they spoke of His power and His love and I believe, Lord, I believe in the future of the servants of Christ.
Now, finally, on my knees before Him...I am ready. Here I am, Lord, send me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment